Methods of Playing Akanbar
There are a number of methods of connecting to the Akanbar Online Fantasy RPG. The easiest way to get started is to use our new HTML5 client. As you progress through the game, you may find it easier to download a dedicated MUD client such as ZMud, CMud and Mudlet, for which there are links below. We also have links to our older flash and java clients at the bottom.
Click here to play Akanbar using our HTML 5 client.
Stand Alone Clients
Our HostName is akanbar.com
We use the default telnet port of 23
Those who have played MUD's before or who have played Akanbar for some time may prefer to use a more advanced client. Here is a listing of some of the more popular ones:
- Portal - Portal is a powerful MUD client. We are sponsers of Portal, so our players can use all of Portal's functionality for free while connected to Akanbar.
- Zmud / Cmud- Zmud is one of the most popular and powerful MUD clients available for the PC. It is shareware and after 30 uses you must pay for a licenced copy. CMud is a newer version of Zmud.
- RoAClient - is a free MUD client for the PC with many of the advanced features found in Zmud.
- Kmud - Kmud is a free graphical MUD client for Linux and other unix platforms running KDE.
- TinyFugue - TinyFugue is a flexible screen orientated MUD client that has been ported to many different operating systems including Linux, Unix, Windows, MacOS and others.
- Mudlet - Mudlet is a free mud client favorited by players who prefer a cross-platform client. If you are having difficulty connecting/viewing text, please ensure that under settings, "Enable GMCP" is disabled and "Fix unnecessary linebreaks on GA servers" is as well.
To use our Flash client, please click here.
* Please note, due to recent updates to Java, you would now need to add http://www.akanbar.com into the security exceptions list in Java. (Control Panel - Java - Security - Edit Site List)